Family & Partner Visas

Visas information overview

Contact Our Agent

Our Agents will collect the details from you and advise you of the options from your supplied information.

Select below to learn more
Partner (Spouse/De Facto) Visa (Subclass 300, 309/100, 820/801)

The Partner visa allows people who are in a relationship with an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident, or Eligible New Zealand Citizen, to be sponsored for a visa to live in Australia.

​There are three different types of Partner visas:

  • Partner (Marriage) visa – Legally married to the sponsor;
  • Partner (De Facto) visa – In a de facto relationship (living together like a married couple) with the sponsor, for a period of at least 12 months immediately before lodgement of the application, unless the relationship has been registered as a Civil Union or Partnership (as recognised in Queensland, Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Victoria or Tasmania only);
  • Prospective Marriage (Fiancé) visa – They are engaged to be married to their sponsor, have personally met since they turned 18, and are free to marry.

Partner visa applications are lodged online, and can be submitted while the applicant is in Australia (onshore) or overseas (offshore). The Fiancé visa must be lodged while the applicant is outside Australia. Offshore applications are processed by the Australian Embassy responsible for the applicant’s usual country of residence (or country of passport, if they are usually resident in Australia).

Multi-Stage Visas

Partner applications work in stages:

A temporary visa is granted first, with full work and travel rights and access to Medicare

Two years later there is further processing for a permanent residency visa.

The Fiancé visa has an extra stage where the first application is lodged offshore and once granted the applicant has around nine months to enter Australia, marry their sponsor, and then lodge the Partner (Marriage) visa.

The staged process is DIBP’s way of safeguarding against people who are not genuine. If the relationship breaks down before the two years is up the permanent application may not be approved unless certain circumstances apply.

Relationship Requirements

All partner applications are judged on the genuineness of the relationship and applicants are required to prove that they are in a long term, committed relationship with their sponsor. This is done by providing documentation showing that they have a shared life and a commitment to each other, covering the four areas of assessment:

Financial aspects of relationship – bank accounts, joint purchases, money transfers

The shared household – utility bills, lease agreements, mail

Social aspects – statements from friends and family, photos, travel records

Nature of the commitment – history of the relationship, details of future plans

Fiance visa applicants are not expected to show evidence of a shared household but any documentation they have would strengthen an application.

Registered Relationships

De Facto couples who register their relationship as a Civil Union or Civil Partnership in certain States/Territories of Australia do not need to wait until they have 12 months of living together before applying for a Partner (De Facto) visa. Please refer to the Registry of Births, Deaths, and Marriages in your State or Territory for further information on how to register a relationship.

Same-Sex Couples

As same-sex marriage is now recognised in Australia, same-sex couples are able to apply for the Partner (Marriage) and Prospective Marriage (Fiance) visas.

Ceased Relationships

If the relationship ends while an applicant holds a temporary Partner visa, there are limited pathways to obtain the permanent Partner visa. Applicants may be eligible if you have suffered family violence, or there is a child of the relationship. In these situations, is highly recommended that applicants speak with a Registered Migration Agent regarding their options.​

You can contact us for further assistance.


Child visa (Subclass 101, 102, 445 & 802)

Child Visa Information

Details by consultation.

Parent Visa (Subclass 103, 143, 173, 804, 864 & 884)

Parent Visa Information.

Details by consultation.

Temporary Sponsored Parent Visa (subclass 485)


This visa is available to parents of an Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen or eligible New Zealand Residents. A maximum of two applicants per household can be sponsored for this visa at any one time. The applicant(s) may be a biological parent, adoptive parent or step-parent (if the step-parent is still in a relationship with the biological parent of the sponsoring child).

Details by consultation.

Retirement Visa (Subclass 405, 410)

Retirement Visa Information.

Registered Migration Agent

MARN registration number

Code of Conduct

Qualified Education Agent

QEAC registration number


× WhatsApp Chat?